Making money in the fitness industry takes some planning. Don't try to to wing it. I mean don't have a bunch of thoughts randomly going through your head and try to implement them. To be successful , you will need to write your plan down on paper ( or computer) then execute!
Know exactly which direction your headed by following a well organized plan. Here are the Top 10 things successful trainers do to guarantee success in their business.
Take a look and copy what they do....
1. Set your business up like a BUSINESS. Visit an accountant and get information on setting up your business. Don't miss out on tax benefits from having your own company. Consider getting a separate checking account for your business transactions. Also register the name of your business.
2. Get a website or blog. Create a website about your business and your specialty for others to see. Promote yourself.
3. Set goals Write your goals down, know what you want to do in your business.
4. Create a product of your own. Turn your knowledge into a book, guide, or training dvd
5. Become good at Sales and Marketing - know how to market your fitness business online and offline.
6. Be professional - be prompt, be organized, have business tools and respect your clients and their concerns.
7. Have policies- Have policies in place that protect you and your income, such as a cancellation policy.
8. Become an Authority in your field of interest- Be confident about what you do, know your industry very well, never stop learning, share your knowledge.
9. Have Business forms-Assessment forms, liability forms, business cards...etc
10.Get Referrals. Always make it a point to ask for referrals.
By implementing these practices into your personal training business you will soon see an increase in your cash flow! Treat your training business like a business and reap the rewards for doing so! Each one of these top 10 will be discussed through out this blog so stay tuned and bookmark this site!
Yours in health,