Your website is your 24/7 store front. It can make sales for you, generate leads, and display your talent to the world. However, if you want your website to keep doing this effectively, there are some things you should do to keep your website from going lifeless and unprofitable.
When you attract a visitor to your website, they will browse around looking for things that are interesting and content that may entice them to come back again. If there is no interesting information or content to be found, the visitor will usually click off never to return.
To keep your website visitor interested in your site and buying from your site, you will need to "entertain" them with information that is constantly changing and being updated.
Here are a Few Ways You can Make Your Website Interesting & Fresh:
- Show Pictures and/or helpful video's.
- Give fitness tips.
- Have Interesting Content , Hard to find Information
- Share testimonials from your satisfied customers, to give "proof" your services are great!
- Always look for ways to make your website better. Add a new user friendly design or add features that will benefit the client such as calorie counters, for example.
- Use Catchy Titles Like "The Secret to Getting Flat Abs". This gets peoples attention!
- Show Before and After Photo's.
- Around the holidays make your website reflect what ever holiday it is.
- Update your photo's, video's, testimonials..etc, to keep visitors from becoming bored with the same information.
- Make sure your website pages load fast. If your pages take too long to load people become impatient and click off.
- Have a way to capture names and email addresses of those that vist to send them information in the future. Read my blog post to learn how: Email Marketing
The idea is to keep your website interesting, fresh and updated so people will want to keep returning to your site for your valuable content. The more you can keep them coming back to your site, the more you increase the times they may buy from you!
Get Your Website Making Money with a Blog
One of the easiest ways to keep your website fresh and engaging for repeat visitors on a daily basis, is to attach a blog to it. This way you won't have to change the look of your website. By attaching a blog you can add all kinds of content, client interaction, videos, pictures and more. Your blog can really take on a life of its own. Just have website person set your website up with blogging capabilities so you can simply login to your blog and add content or do it yourself if able.
You can also get a blog at places like www.blogspot.com for free and link your website to it. If you are more experienced using WordPress, this is a great option for a blog. You can also give your blog its own domain name if you choose.
Here are a few tips on how to use your blog to keep your website in the profit zone!
- Post information on fitness news, eating habits or hot exercise programs that your readers could benefit from. Doing this daily will keep people returning to your site, increasing the chances or times they will buy from your site.
- Use catchy titles for all your post: Is it possible to lose 10 lbs of fat in 60 days? or The Secret to Getting Flat Abs. Catchy titles makes folks want to read!
- Entice readers to come back and read your next blog post. Say something like Tomorrow I'm going to tell you my top 10 foods that will help you burn more fat around your belly!. Most folks will surely come back if you give them a reason too!
- Post a client review/testimonial of a product you sell. Add a link at the end of your blog post to the product you just did the review on, for those that want to learn more about the product and buy it.
- Make a video of you training a client and track their results. People will keep coming back to see the progress of your client. This will entice them to sign up with you and/or buy products while on our site.
- When selling from your blog, always do a "soft sell". Give your site visitor value first by giving them good helpful information before presenting your product for purchase. This is how to entice them to buy. People like seeing results and knowing what a product can do for them before buying.
- Don't just sale sale sale from your blog. Get your readers involved by asking questions they can comment on too! Be creative, make it fun and engaging!
- Have a way to capture names and email addresses from vistors to send them information in the future. Read my blog post here to learn how to do this: Email Marketing
Keeping your website updated with new and engaging content will keep clients and potential clients on your site longer and returning to your site often. The more clients return and the longer you can get them to stay on your site, the more you can potentially make money over and over again. Your website is your virtual store front, keep your visitors engaged with these strategies!
Announce When You have Updated Your Site
If your on Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking site. Make a post to let them know you have updated your site. Make your post enticing so your followers will want to click. You could post something like "Is It Possible to Lose 10 lbs of Fat in 30 days?" check out my blog post! with your link attached. This will send all your fitness followers racing to click your link and on to your site to read your fat loss post! At the end of your post give them a link to your products or service page so they can buy any products you mentioned or set up a consultation!