I want to share with you more ways to get clients. From my own personal experience these strategies work great for getting clients. So , if your having trouble getting clients try using these ideas to help you:
1. Take on a few folks for free as clients (Works great for those with no clients). Train them in exchange for referrals, testimonials, and before and after photo’s. I did this and was able to convert Free clients into paying clients. I also got new clients from the referrals and spruce up my flyer’s and marketing materials with Before and After photo’s and testimonials which lead to getting more clients.
2. Grocery Store Set Up-At the grocery store where I shopped every day,I talked to the manager about setting up a table near the entry.( A lot of stores let small businesses come in and set up tables, so this works great.) After getting the ok from the store manager, I sat up my table and began talking to folks about fitness as they came in. As a lead into my training program, I was giving away 2 free training sessions (30 minutes) and 2 weeks free in my gym. This was my kick butt can't refuse offer. I needed to get these folks out of the grocery store and into my gym! It worked, I was able to sign up 16 folks for a few hours work. Out of those 16 folks, 7 showed up, 4 stayed on board paying my regular training fee's. The other "no shows" and "no sign ups" now become leads to follow up on. Those are Great odds. Well worth a few hours of my time.
My Tip for making this work:
Call your friends and family and make sure they’re coming in to see you at the store. When people see other’s talking to you and gathered at your table they want to see what’s going on and come to your table too.
Have props & literature like Medicine balls, weights, before and after photo’s. Also include a nice banner attached to the front of your table with a catchy phrase like “Lose Stubborn Belly fat and 5 inches off your waist!” Have a picture of what 10 lbs of fat looks like or even better, get an actual 10 lb fat replica to show prospects. These things work well to catch peoples eye, drawing them to your table and act as a great conversation starter.
If you're working out of a gym, talked to the owner about giving you 2 week passes to offer folks that you talk to. It's a win win, the gym gets a new prospect for a membership and you get a training prospect.
Train at least 2 clients at a time , should you decide to give away free (or discounted) training. It's a great way to leverage your time. You do not want to be in the gym or your studio all day doing one on one free trainings. Be sure, however, you know how to train multiple clients. If you don't, stick to one on one and use your time wisely. First impression is everything. Your goal is to "wow" them and turn them into a paying client!
3. 24 Day Challenge – I ran a 24 day weight loss challenge with about 12 people. The charge was $140 + cost of supplements. I Guaranteed at least 10-15 lbs reduction in weight, supplied supplements, meal plan and 3 days per week training in a group setting for 24 days.
Results of this:
Success! Everyone lost weight! (15 lbs being the most. I personally lost 12 lbs in the 24 days). Even more, they started ordering more supplements from me which created another income stream. I have folks asking about my next 24 day challenge!
You set the price of your challenge. Obviously the lower the price the more responses you will get. You can be as creative as you like.
I have a supplement line that gets the “bomb” results. So I made this apart of my challenge. I knew if I got my contenders results that's good "word of mouth" advertising for me and my challenge!
You can have any kind of challenge you like. I'm sure you heard of the "Biggest Loser" contests. That's really popular now and folks can relate to it from the TV show. Challenges like this can bring you lots of clients fast. Sometimes more clients than you got all year!
Some Tips for Making this Work:
A. Create a Flyer using the Flyer Technique from the 100KTrainer Boot Camp. This works well for getting your phone ringing. Give to your clients, post on boards, leave in stores, restaurants and have high school kids deliver in neighborhoods.
B. Send an email out to your email list letting them know about your challenge.
You could send an email out that looks something like this:
Subject line: How would you like to Melt off 15-20 lbs in 24 Days?
Hi (first name)!
My 24 day challenging is kicking off in 3 weeks. This is the 2nd challenge I'm running due to the overwhelming response from the last challenge. If you want to see the amazing results and see what the last contenders are saying about the challenge. check out my website here:
The last challenge sold out quickly, I'm expecting this challenge will do the same. If you want to get in please reply back before spots fill. I'll get you all the details..times, dates..etc
Here's some of what you will get:
* My special "only for challenger's" 24 day meal plan (designed to melt pounds of fat fast!)
* 3 days per week fat loss and muscle toning workouts (designed for quick results!)
* My incredible abdominal toning workout to get belly fat off and get you ripped!
* T-shirt, your challenge t- shirt lets everyone know your serious!
* Guaranteed results!
* And soooooooooo much More! :)
I only have a limited number of folks I can take for this challenge, however, if you're one of the first to join I have an incredible gift for you too!
Look out for my next email. I'm sending a video of a new program I'm adding to the challenge. I've put one of my clients through this program for 10 days and they saw an incredible 5 lbs drop off! The results are amazing... I'm very excited and pumped up about this!
You can reserve your spot & get more information by replying back or calling me at 111-222-3333. I'll get you all the details, I promise.
In a hurry? Ready to get started? Register online over at my website here:www.xyz.com
Thanks (First Name), I look forward to hearing from you!
111-222-3333 , www.xyz.com
C. Announce your challenge to all your Facebook and Twitter Followers with a link to your challenge Article, video or website.
If you're sending emails, follow up with about 3 more emails. This is important for the best response. Some folks will not respond right away. You could update your list on how many spots left, Talk about what your doing in the challenge for fast results..etc. Just be sure to follow up & be personable as though talking to a friend all the way up until a day before the challenge. Every email ends with an urgency to reserve a spot while there's still time.
It will be easy to convert some of the contenders, during your challenge, to clients. They are already sold on you! Don't miss an opportunity to talk to contenders about personal training after everyone has gotten comfortable with you and the challenge.
If you were apart of the 100ktrainer bootcamp then you know why it's important to build an email list. If you haven't got a list, start building one!
4. Calling on Past Clients: I take an about an hour to call my past clients and check on them. I call to see how they're doing , let them now I miss them, and see if I can get them back in. I offer a really nice “come back” discount. I get clients coming back usually within 2 weeks of my calls.
Because I have I built a relationship with my clients, it’s easy to call them like a friend, joke with them and get them thinking about coming back. If you’re feeling a little uneasy about making calls, work on building relationships with your clients so if the time ever comes to call them, it doesn’t feel like you’re a telemarketer.
5. Kids Clinic – Here’s one of my favorites. I work with a group of kids and their parents for about an hour and 15 minutes every Saturday after noon for 12 weeks(3 months). We talk about eating habits, how parents can get involved with kids fitness..etc. I also work the kids out in a circuit type fashion. They move station to station with fun exercises. My monthly Fee is $87. Easy work with Excellent pay.
Running clinics are a great way to make money. You can have clinics that focuses on running information and exercises for those that like to do marathons. Also baseball clinics for kids, weight loss clinics, self defense clinics, golf clinics for golfers, posing clinics for bodybuilders, and more.
I advertise my clinics at Schools , Churches, stores, restaurants and with current clients using the flyer technique I teach in The 100kTrainer bootcamp. I also use Craigslist , it works wonders for getting clients. Likewise, if you are running a weekly golf clinic, for example, you want to advertise to your target market like on Craigslist, at golf stores, to golfers you know, clients, folks your clients know, golf forums online, social media online, at the golf range ...etc.
6. Facebook & Twitter - If you use social media. Here's a good way to grab a few locals. Announce your training program, challenges, and products on your social site and see how many replies you get! You can also adverstise on Facebook. If you haven't signed up for the 100kTrainer Boot Camp do so. I'll show you how to use these sites to make money and get clients the right way.
7. Teach Classes at health clubs - I teach classes at a local gym where I focus on cardio and weight training. I get a lot of training clients from doing classes.
People that come to your classes , become your followers if you are good. They will Love and adore you and follow your every command if you're a good instructor. It's easy to talk about training with you to these individuals, they are already "sold" on you and know you are the best!
These are some of the ways I use to get clients (and make money) fast. Use these tips to help you too. It only takes a small effort to get the ball rolling! Nothing happens if you don't make it happen.
To be a Six Figure Trainer. You have to do what Six Figure Trainer do! Copy, rinse, then repeat!
Yours in Health!
Get these Now:
- Par Q
- Waivers & Liability Release Forms
- Medical Clearance
- Physical Assessment
- Health & Medical History
- Training Service Agreement
- and Lots More!
Never worry about not having the form you need again