Here's a great article that gives some Ideas for Campaigns you can run........Enjoy!Day Spa-Salon Marketing - 5 Great Promotional Ideas
Promotions are a great way to get your employees involved. Promotions build morale and momentum. Here are just a few more promotional options that you could be implementing. [See Promotions, Promotions - Part 1]
1. Staff Promotions: Yes, you should constantly promote your staff - to boost morale, reward hard workers and call client's attention to your employees' abilities. Staff promotions could include incentives, choosing a Stylist of the Month, displaying staff's educational certificates, and featuring a different staff member in each newsletter.
As you can see, promotions will tend to overlap one another. A Father's Day theme promotion will also be a Target Group Promotion aimed at men; it may also be a Retail Promotion if you're including retail discount. Cross-promoting is an acceptable way of covering several bases. Just don't try to promote to every group on every level at once. Experience has taught that the more specific a promotion is, the easier it is to gauge the success of it, so you'll know whether it's worth doing again.
2. Make-Over Contest: Have clients and potential customers submit photos and letters explaining what they would like to change about their appearance and why they want to have a makeover. Select numerous candidates to undergo the transformation. Make sure you have a photographer on hand to capture the moments. Tie in your makeover contest with a local talk show. Some possible makeover categories are:
- Working Women
- New Attitude
- Over 40 and Fabulous
- Sweet Sixteen
- Stylish at 60
- Mother Daughter
- A Family Affair
The client receives a free gift item (preferably a retail product) with a required minimum purchase.
3. PURCHASE WITH PURCHASE: Customers are able to buy a special promotional items at reduced savings. Some companies have used umbrellas, tote bags, and trial sizes of products, gym bags, cosmetic bags, clocks or watches. Make sure your promotional items are every bit as wanted as those the department stores offers.
4. FREE LIPSTICK CARDS: The customer may receive a complementary lipstick with any $15 minimum purchase. The lipstick card is an ideal promotional item to distribute after making a presentation to a group of consumers. Try to keep the minimum purchase to a minimum to create foot traffic for the business. A free lipstick/lipgloss offer entices women to walk into your salon.
5. YEARLY COUPON CARD: The object of this promotion card is to establish consistent retail traffic. In order for customers to redeem the coupon for the free gift, they must first make a minimum $25 retail (not service) purchase during the month. The base retail purchase requirement is beneficial for two reasons: Once the client starts to enjoy the free gift each month, she becomes accustomed to a little extra present at the end of each visit. Many clients will budget for their minimum requirement and systematically plan to restock their products monthly so they can take advantage of the coupon offer. It is fun for the client to go home with a little treasure.
Founder of http://www.AprilGregoryInc.com, April Gregory has invoked the successes of many including multi-million dollar producing spas to individuals in the United States Marine Corps. Knowledgeable and passionate, April Gregory and her coaching group will unify their objectives with yours; in doing so creating a relationship that undeniably fosters success.