Your website is your 24/7 store front. It can make sales for you, generate leads, and display your talent to the world. However, if you want your website to keep doing this effectively, there are some things you should do to keep your website from going lifeless and unprofitable.
When you attract a visitor to your website, they will browse around looking for things that are interesting and content that may entice them to come back again. If there is no interesting information or content to be found, the visitor will usually click off never to return.
To keep your website visitor interested in your site and buying from your site, you will need to "entertain" them with information that is constantly changing and being updated.
Here are a Few Ways You can Keep Your Website
& you in the Profit Zone:
- Show Pictures and/or helpful video's.
- Give Beauty tips.
- Have Interesting Content , Hard to find Information
- Share testimonials from your satisfied customers, to give "proof" your services are great!
- Always look for ways to make your website better. Add a new user friendly design or add features that will benefit the client such as an online appointment setting feature, for example.
- Use Catchy Titles Like "The Secret to Getting Your Best Skin Ever". This gets peoples attention!
- Show Before and After Photo's.
- Around the holidays make your website reflect what ever holiday it is.
- Do surveys and give your visitor a freebie when they take your survey.
- Update your site with new photo's, video's, testimonials..etc, to keep visitors from becoming bored with the same information
- Make sure your website pages load fast. If your pages take too long to load people will become impatient and click off.
The idea is to keep your website interesting, fresh and updated so people will want to keep returning to your site for your valuable content. The more you can keep them coming back to your site, the more you can increase the times they buy products you have for sale on your website!
Get Your Website Making Money with a Blog
One of the easiest ways to keep your website fresh and engaging for repeat visitors on a daily basis, is to attach a blog to it.
Here are some ways you can use your blog to keep your website in the profit zone
- Post information on skin, nail or hair care that your readers could benefit from.
- Use catchy titles for all your blog post: Like 5 ways to get your lashes to look super long! or Why are Minx Nails the Hottest Fashion Trend this Fall!
- Entice readers to come back and read your next blog post. Say something like Tomorrow I'm going to tell my secret to erasing wrinkles, you are going to be amazed! Most folks will surely come back if you give them a reason too!
- Post a client review/testimonial of a product you sell. Add a link at the end of your blog post, linking to your product in your website store. This makes it easy for visitors to purchase your product.
- Make a video of you giving a client a service using a product you sell. Give it a catchy title like: How to make your lips look fuller. Use your products in your video. Talk about the benefits of your product throughout your video and why they work so well. Post your video to your blog. Write a short post about your video with a link to the product for those that want to purchase after watching your great video!
- When selling from your blog, always do a "soft sell". Give your blog/website visitor value first by giving them valuable information before "presenting" your product for purchase. Sell visitors without being a sales person. Let the benefits of your product sell itself. People like seeing results and knowing what a product can do for them. This is what prompts people to buy.
- Don't just sale sale sale from your blog. Get your readers involved by asking questions they can comment on too! Be creative, make it fun and engaging!
Use your blog to give helpful information daily. This is the key to attracting people to your site!
Getting Traffic to Your Salon Website
You will learn many ways on this site to get targeted traffic to your website. If you haven't jump in on my 6 figure Nail Technician & Cosmetologist Bootcamp, I urge you to do so. We are covering a lot of ways you can drive insane traffic to your website.
Also, one of the best ways to get buying visitors to your site from around the world, is to have it rank well in the search engines! When someone is on Google searching for the same products or services you have on your site, you want your website to come up in the search results. Having an understanding of SEO, or search engine optimization will be helpful in making sure your website gets found. Don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds!
Having your website come up on the front page of search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo will send a flood of traffic to your site increasing product purchases, opt-in to your mailing list, and clients. All this translates into more profits for you!
If you are not sure how to optimize your website for search engines, you can learn more about SEO for your salon website here: Salon SEO Strategies
Keeping your website/blog updated with new and engaging content will keep clients and potential clients on your site longer and returning to your site often. The more clients return, the more you can potentially make money over and over again. Your website is your virtual store front, keep your visitors engaged with these strategies!
Announce When You have Updated Your Site
If you are on Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking site. Make a post to let them know you have updated your site. Make your post enticing so your followers will want to click. You could post something like "10 ways to plump up your lips for a sexy Pouty look!" along with your link. This will send all your beauty followers racing to click your link and on to your site to read your lip plumping post! At the end of your post give them a link to your products so they can buy any products you mentioned, like lip liner or lip stick!